About my new (2-month-old) car…good and bad in no particular order
1. As it is black, it gets dirty very quickly. My sister warned me about this beforehand.
2. I love that the seat lifts. I knew that when I first got it, but only figured it out about 10 days ago!
3. I like the feel of the indicator lever. I know this is weird but there is a little groove which I play with while driving - quite soothing in the traffic.
4. This car has a temperature gauge - quite a useful tool, if only to corroborate my feelings about how hot/ cold it is.
5. Central locking - love it, love it, love it. One click and everything is locked. Saves me so much time.
6. I love how when I remove the key from the ignition, the doors open automatically.
7. My old car didn't have a side pocket and this one does. Very useful to hold my water bottle. The water bottle in my profile picture is exactly why I chose that picture. I always have a water bottle (and an apple) with me.
8. Power steering. My word - what a difference it makes to parking! Just a flick of the wrist turns that whole car. Before, it was turn, turn and turn some more before the car would turn.
9. This is a neurotic car though. The petrol tank sign starts glowing when there is still 5L of petrol left. I can go to work and back 2 whole days on that. But wait! It then annoyingly starts blinking when it gets right down to the bottom. (My husband would say I shouldn't even know about the blinking light!)
10. And the hooter…is an excuse for a hooter. It is a pathetic little beep-beep.
11. Oh, and the joys of airconditioning. I am only now fully appreciating it as we're at the end of spring going into summer. And it's nice and powerful so I only need it on for a few minutes to last me about 10 minutes.
12. And I love how, when I approach the car and click the button to open the door, the light comes on inside the car. V useful at night so I can see the ignition.
13. And last but not least, it is extremely zippy. I can weave in and out of cars very easily with it. I even feel cooler in it. Now that's got to count for something, does't it?!
Here she is - beautiful!