The question of the week at Multiples and More is to share 10 surprising things about yourself.
Since I'm so open, I really don't know if anything will be really surprising but let's see what I can come up with.
- I've been going grey since I was 25 years old. Yip, that's right. At the time I used to joke that SL (employer at the time) turned me grey because that was the most stress I'd ever had, work-wise. In fact, I have bad grey hair genes on both sides.
- I know I sometimes come across like I'm tough as nails but I have a really soft heart.
- D said "I love you" first and I followed a few days later. It was all very quick - we just KNEW.
- I'm soooo not a girly girl.
- Until infertility, I never had lots of really close girl friends. Maybe it's because of number 4?
- Speaking of which, my very best girl friend dumped me about 10 years ago (that's a subject for another blog post).
- I've been thinking more and more about writing a book! Non-fiction, of course. Can you guess the topic?
- I've been sleeping about 8 HOURS of solid, uninterrupted sleep the last couple of months but somehow I feel more tired than ever.
- I fear I'm turning into one of those women I always thought I'd never be - the ones who "let themselves go" after they have children. Somehow I don't seem to have the willpower to just eat properly and exercise. *note to self - must book personal trainer
- I have to force myself to put on make-up each day - I tell myself that I need to make a good impression on people - but really if it were up to me, I'd just wear lipstick and that would be that.
And a bonus one
Living a simpler life is proving to be a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I keep seeing things I think I want. Last week I bought some stuff, got all the way home and then thought, "I really don't need all this" and took it all back this week. Very proud of myself although they wouldn't give me a refund soI bought some consumable stuff for the house instead.