The babies had a bit of a freak-out (due to them being overtired) during the last 30 minutes of our journey home (good thing they're so cute!) so the minute we arrived, I brought them in and got them settled while D unloaded the car and trailer.
When I eventually went out into our entrance hall/ dining room area, it looked like a bomb had gone off LOL.
I'm still not sure whether the rewards of going away outweigh the schlep of hauling practically the whole house with us. I dread to think what people who actually buy lots of baby stuff do. Do they take it ALL with them???
In the next week this is what's in store for me:
- 3 nights (yes, THREE) of looking after the babies all by myself from 8 pm to 8 am as D has a launch thing at work. In a strange way I'm kind of looking forward to trying out some things with the sleep (!).
- hosting a teleseminar that I still have to put together content and a handout for... I know the subject well though so it should take an hour of concentrated effort and I'll be done
- laundry laundry and more laundry
- finish unpacking my and the babies' clothes (oh wait! V's coming for a few hours tomorrow - she can do the babies' clothes)
- return trailer, camp cot and other assorted errands
- downloading and sorting the gazillion photos (how often do you download and sort? how do you store them?)
I'll tell you more about the trip in the next few days but my bed is calling me....
P.S. Happy Birthday, Dee! Glad you had a fabulous day :)
P.P.S. 130 unread posts in my Google Reader! Jeepers - you guys have been busy busy busy! I had very limited time on the computer AND I had to use my sim card from my cell phone to connect to the internet so really just responded to email and did own blogging when I could.
P.P.P.S. Do you know I was so ambitious I took 3 half-read books with me? They are ALL still half read except one which is a bit further along. I am delusional!