I saw some pictures in my files that I hadn't blogged yet so this week I'm doing a food focus.
I pin a LOT of things to bake and you all know the goal is to try two recipes a month. By the way, I thought those expectations were low and then I was scrambling at the end of the month.
My new thing where I try a recipe or two weekly is working much better.
1. I made these peanut butter chocolate & oats cookies at the end of August. They are SUPER easy to make and taste great. The key is to have your baking paper-lined cookie sheets ready because once it's all mixed, you have to drop them quickly to set. I'm done apologising for bad photos - the fact of the matter is that anything out of the ordinary gets done when the kids are in bed and if I waited for good light, I'd get nothing done.
2. Then a couple of weeks later I made pumpkin bread. Oh my gosh, it was heaven. Nice and moist and pumpkinny. I keep buying pumpkin to make it again and somehow we end up eating it. And I buy a 500g bag because the last time I used the entire bag. I can't tell you how yum this was - you will DROOOOOOOL.
3. On Monday I felt like eating something "apple". My favourite fruit on God's entire earth is the humble apple. He really, really knew what He was doing with the apple. And so I love anything apple. If you invite me over and make me apple something I'll love you forever. Seriously. I am fickle! And if you add cinnamon, oh, then we're best friends for life.
So I made Sarah's apple bars. All I can say is..... thank goodness D doesn't eat cooked apple and I don't allow the children to eat sugar :) The only complaint I have is that the recipe only makes a very small pan (literally 8 pieces). This was heavenly. Heavenly. And I'm making another batch tomorrow :)
4. In 2009 I gave our family friends oatmeal cookies for Christmas (they are the easiest thing in the world, delicious and you can eat 4 before you even blink). Last year I gave Bakerella's Cowgirl Cookies. So next up for me is to try a couple of other recipes to decide on this year's recipe.
I'm thinking I need to try these lemon crinkle cookies and these apple raisin oatmeal cookies (this one sounds good for the kids too)
5. I've also tried about 3 - 4 new main course recipes in the last 3 months. All of them except a pan pizza recipe I won't do again. Nothing wrong just it felt like the recipe was trying too hard :) Do you want the details on those too?
So do you have an easy, not too unhealthy (I don't mind sugar but I don't like cooking with a lot of oil or butter (about a 1/2 cup of anything is as much as I like to go) cookie/ biscuit recipe with apple?
Or maybe not apple but something super-easy that makes a lot (I'm still lazy; I just enjoy food)?