So you know how well CREATE worked for me last year.
I actually really thought and thought and over analysed (well, as much as someone like me can actually do) this word for 2013.
You see, by nature I'm a take charge kind of person.
Aside - I was on Pinterest about two days ago and I did a search on my profile, ESTJ. Do you know what it says? "take charge". My business name also has take charge in it and a book I want to write this year will have those words as part of the title.
And while those things talk to most of my awesomeness, I've been delving a bit into the letting go.
That started in 2010. One thing on my 36 things list was to let go and Claudia commented and said something like "am I the only one who noticed how you have let go and doing all these things all in the same breath?" I laughed.
But it's true.
I'm MUCH better at letting go and yet I still battle. God's been drawing me into a lot more of the letting go which is SO hard for me. Or maybe because it's so hard for me.
I was trying to find a word that was about letting go, surrendering, etc. that started with a c if possible, but nothing felt right.
(The C was just a nice-to-have actually)
Then one day I was driving to work, whizzing up Oxford Road (still within the speed limit), listening and worshipping God.
And one of the lyrics was about trust.
I was enjoying myself and suddenly it hit me.
That's the perfect word for me.
It's about letting go and surrendering, while still taking some of my take charge personality into account.
It takes some effort and action to TRUST.
So that's my word, people.
I was working through Susannah Conway's unravelling 2013 workbook the other day (fellow instagrammers and facebookers saw my pic) and she has a nice way of doing this word of the year thing.
Choose one word but then pick 4 that support it too.
My four supporting little words are brave (similar to courage), surrender, connect and grace.
I didn't overthink it and except for the first two which have been bouncing around in me for a month or so, the other two just came to me when I was doing the exercise on Thursday.
What does this mean to me?
- trust that all my networking, intents and desires will result in the perfect job for me, both personality-wise and for my skill set
- trust that I will be fearless and brave to keep putting myself out there both with job but generally with people (I feel like I should be slightly scared to be vulnerable with friends because what if I get friend-dumped again?)
- trust my intuition more especially because I've been quite bruised in the job-seeking process. Everybody thinks I'm awesome but a lower grade of awesome (!) than what I think I'm destined for. I've seen the evidence that when I just DO my thing, I am still great. Now to remember that.
- trust that my family will have a good year starting with me and D connecting better but also with the babies (!) starting pre-school and us falling into a new routine
- trust that by doing the basics as I know to do, some of this weight will fall off me, and last but not least,
- keep trusting God in both the big and the little things, and with a Love Languages ministry
And the amazing thing is... I was thinking I actually don't want to buy more "word" jewellery and then I cleaned and organised my jewellery (I've organised this place like mad these 12 days) and I found this pendant!
Word absolutely confirmed!
Louisa, Julia, Lesley and MandyE - I already know your words unless you've changed them since you told me.
As for the rest, let's hear those words.
If you need a resource to help you unravel 2013, download this one from Susannah Conway. This year, I used this one together with the form I made for my newsletter readers (again, you can subscribe, download the form and then unsubscribe from my list)