D and the kids went to the in-laws' flat for a bit and are having coffee so I'm quickly blogging :)
- On the whole things are working out much better with them here than I anticipated. They are respecting our boundaries and only coming round if we ask them to, like on the way to the beach every morning.
- D and I have had one date night (Facebook friends may have seen my update on Wed) and we're hoping to make a run to the Milk Cafe this afternoon on their last day here.
- As I told you, there has been absolutely NO cooking over there so I felt a little guilty and invited them to supper last night. Seriously, you can't survive on rolls and cheese!
- One thing that is driving me up the wall is this "daily floor service" which means a maid comes in and mops. Now that does zip for me. Things that make a difference in my life are dishes and beds. You?
- I've made my mini book and am up to date with it so far, the journalling that is.
- I'm up to date with downloading pics but they are sadly still disorganised. I haven't even been through the weekend's ones......Tonight!
- The weather is gorgeous - grey and overcast in the mornings which is great beach weather because it's still HOT but I don't bake as much as full on sunny weather. Then it gets blue and beautiful and then cloudy again in the afternoons. However, I have no sunset pics yet. I have told D that the first SIGN I see of a sunset I am out of here with my camera and off to take pics.
- The photo situation so far....837. As you can see, I have deleted some in camera.
- And then, very sadly, my favourite flip flop sandals broke on Wed while walking on rocks. I'm desperate for another pair so please keep your eyes peeled. I remember telling you before (but I don't expect you to remember the minute details of my life) that I bought these about 10 years ago at a shop in Canal Walk (CT). They were R99 at the time and there were pink and yellow ones. I'm so desperate for them I've written to zoom!!!
- After supper last night, we had a very nice talk about friendship (D, me and the in laws). That deserves its own post so I'll write that up too.
So how has your week been?
PS I'm trying to read a bit here and there but I am at that part in my book where I feel absolutely no guilt about neglecting necessary functions just to find out what happens next :)