Can you believe I actually used pinterest seach for "non-cheesy Valentine's gifts"? Yes, I did.
I really don't like the cheesy stuff - Thanks a latte for everything you do, Because of you I'm a real smartie and similar...
Laura and I had a little discussion because I said I'm sure our South African people don't go in for the cheesy. What do you guys think?
I saw this idea with craft books but it gave me the idea so off I went and 30 minutes later, they were all done.
- A5 teal notebooks - CNA, R18 for 2
- Lovely heart tape - from Lesley in Ireland :)
- Teal pencils - Pick and Pay, about R7 for 4
- Red washi tape - somewhere on etsy ages ago
- Labels - free on a blog also ages ago (I often save til a Friday, print and delete - there's too much out there to keep everything...unless I paid for it :))
- Baker's twine - Paper Peony
|some tape around the pencils|
|and then adhered with washi tape so it will come off without pulling the cover|
|I made some A6 ones for my kids too|
|stamped different patterns on the covers with a heart stamp|
|wrap in cellophane bags (I bought 100 years ago...about 60% through now), attach tags with bakers twine and voila!|
(if I say so myself)
The kids put them on the desks and the teachers didn't say anything to me or the kids which cheesed me off. But oh well, I had fun making them... although they won't be getting anything from me again!
What do you think?
Do you like cheesy?