I had other things I wanted to post about but they all feel too frivolous tonight.
- One friend's FIL died earlier this week.
- Another friend's FIL is very, very ill in ICU (she says it is a matter of when, and not if)
Reading through the comments, another school friend said, "this is the 4th young girl in the last couple of months to die before they're 40" so I shut down facebook. I don't want to know.
The last one's mom was one of my teachers and she was a year below me (so my age - we are a few months apart) and at the same ballet school.
(She was diagnosed with cancer on 10 October so just over a month ago!)
A colleague and I were discussing whether it's at the stage of life we're in.
- when you're in your mid-twenties and everyone's getting married
- two years after that when all the fertile people start having babies
- and then more babies and the crazy kid stages
- and now everyone seems to have parents who are getting old
Just googled and found lots more stats - all different so who knows what the right things are.
Another interesting ins.urance fact - only about 20% of drivers on South African roads are insured. Then I think, okay, I'm the one who's insured so I look around and think about the other 4 cars near me.......... and chances are a good many of them are not insured!
Anyway, my point was, if I read 1 in 4, I always think, well me plus 3 others, and this will statistically happen to one of us...................
Do you think like that?
Which life stage are you in? What's happening to lots of your friends right now?
I seem to have lots of friends with babies (that is not happening around here) or school crazy