Are you named after someone?
No, but my parents wanted one name and my grandmother another, so they hypenated mine.
When was the last time you cried?
In church last Sunday. I'm not a crier generally, but I cry often in church. When I worship God, I can't but feel overwhelmed at His goodness and mercy, and kindness towards me.
For the record, it was during this song. And I bought it from iTunes right afterwards :)
What is your favorite cereal?
I alternate between Woolworths Multigrain Flakes, and muesli and yoghurt.
What is the first thing you notice about people?
How well they listen. If they're just yapping away and not really paying attention, or if they're truly interested in what I'm saying.
What color are your eyes?
Scary movies or happy endings?
Always happy endings. Actually not happy endings per se, but justified endings. But.... I don't watch scary movies. My favourite director is Nancy Meyers (google and you'll see why :))
Favorite TV show?
The Amazing Race. I watch nothing else. This season I didn't even watch as I had other things to do on a Monday night.
Sadly, since the kids came along, all my TV fell by the wayside. Way back then, Oprah and Dr Phil were my favourites.
Summer or winter?
Winter!!!!! Go look at #marcialoveswinter on Instagram :)
Hugs or kisses?
From my 3, ALL OF IT. From the general public, I prefer hugs.
What’s the furthest you’ve been from home?
Do you have special talents?
Well now, we all have special talents, don't we?
1. Mine are many and varied :) Like how I can remember completely random numbers and facts. If only this skill were marketable.
One of my business colleagues phoned me the other day and we were chit-chatting... as you do, and he says they all (office workmates) went to a quiz and the questions were so random, like who on earth would know how many bones there are in the human body.... and I said 206. Yep, completely random things stick.
(Random fun fact - I captained our school's Quiz Team back in the day, and we did actually win our regional event, thanks to the other 3 team members who knew about things like sports!)
2. I care really deeply about people and I like to think I actually put this into action.
3. I take photos that sometimes make me gasp :) Superhero Photo!
4. I'm really good at breaking down complex concepts into actionable steps. This is also why I can listen to a whole lot of yap yap yap, and distill it all to a few key points :)
5. I'm good at inspiring and encouraging people to take action (kicking butt!).
6. I can be completely objective and see all sides to a story.
7. Something I've begun to appreciate now the kids are in school is my love language, acts of service. Things other people find a huge schlep like cooking, doing lunches, homework, etc. I seriously LOVE to do.
And now I want to know about YOUR special talents. Have at it in the comments :) I want to hear about those amazing cupcakes/ biscuits I see you all baking on Instagram.
PS I passed my exam! Yay!