But first a quick confession...
(I busted out my Plain Truth Christmas CDs a few weeks ago. I had to listen to O Holy Night. One of the sad things is that one cannot listen to O Holy Night all year round otherwise it loses its specialness ;))
So I was at the shops with the kids weeks ago and of course Christmas was up. Connor said, "it's too early for Christmas decorations to be up". I agreed but I told him we'd do ours the last weekend of November.
And we did.
Some of you may remember last year I posted a sweet little Instagram video (set to Michael Buble) of Kendra decorating her little tree.
This year, there was none of that sweetness.
No one was interested on Friday.
Saturday afternoon they got into it a little bit, just enough enthusiasm for their little trees and I was left with everything else.
As a result, I went even more minimalist.
I took out my cute Advent calendar and put it right back again. Not feeling it. Doesn't spark joy. Back in the bag it goes.
What is happening around here?
- Nativity play
- (lots of) The Plain Truth and other Christmas music
- Christmas mince pies and tea (matter of fact, I'm about to go have one after I hit publish)
- Spending time together, vegging, while I read (I like to get a Christmas-themed book to read in December too. There are lots of chick-lit for sale. It's fun and it puts me in the mood for Christmas)
- The Charlie Brown movie
- Instagram challenge to stretch my creative muscles
- Quiet... I want to hear Him loud and clear about next year
Tell me what's happening at your place.
Are you going All Out?