I have it, obviously.
One of the pages inside asks you to consider things that work for you to get over the grumpies.
I made a list of about 10 things that work for me which I won't bore you with in its entirety:
- wandering around with my camera
- praise and worship music (loud!) in my car
- cuddling with the kids
- talking to D (unless he's grumpy too)
- curling up with my book and a hot mug of tea in my stripey Woolies mug (huge and therefore, perfect)
- going for a walk (even better if it's a bit chilly so my cheeks get cold)
Seriously, getting outside is almost a guaranteed pick-me-up.
The kids are the same.
I'd venture to say it works for anyone :)
I need just open the door and they run around, get bikes or whatever, and do their kid thing.
Or we go for walks.
Or I prompt a little - do you want to paint outside?
(there's always a taker - that's the nice thing about twins)
On this day, Connor asked me if I had black paint because he wanted to do something. I didn't but I had white, so they busied themselves outside for a good hour or so.
|And then we went for a walk|