Right, how are you all doing?
|I don't have a fireplace at my new house and I'm not sure where all our stuff will go :)|
1. I had a wonderful weekend which D and I dissected in the car on the way to work and it's because of these elements:
- time with kids and D
- time in my passion (the 5 Love Languages workshop)
- time spent pottering (Christmas stuff....)
- time being productive (October photo organising complete!) and intentional (playing with my Shining Year workbook)
- time relaxing (photos, eating out, reading a whole book)
- time with friends (love languages and we went out for supper last night)
It's so nice to not be practising Spanish all the time.
2. I have some issues around this Spanish story which I need to talk through and decide what's the best way forward.
You see, many people have asked me why I'm doing Spanish, and why I do exams. And my usual answer (pre-this crazy exam period) was that I enjoy it. But I can't say that I had much joy this time around...
And if that's going to be the way it will be going forward, then quite frankly I can exercise for free at the gym (I joined in 2003 and paid about R600 then, so I pay nothing every month) and put the R600-odd into unit trusts/ paying off bond (things I really value) instead of this.... but I have some thinking to do because I'm also aware that it is the end of the year, this has been a tough period and I need some perspective....
3. The other night I got home just after the rain stopped and so, as you do, I put on my pyjamas and slippers and went prowling around the garden, taking pictures of the flowers with rain drops on them.
It was only about 10 - 15 minutes but it was such a glorious time of playing with my camera.
I'll show you some of those pics when I get to them but I thought I'd do a little photo workshop next year (nothing technical, really just how to "see differently", kind of a Superhero Photo lite) and then obviously we can all prowl around the garden and in the street practising our skills.
That sounds like such fun to me. What do you think?
How was your weekend? What made it a good/ not-so-good one?
Do you take time to do something for yourself daily?