Anyway, I made a simple (Super Simple) booklet which, if I say so myself, is really good at helping you think through things to close off 2016 and start 2017 on the right note.
Go get your FREE copy here (and my time management purpose pack).
I do love a good planning session. In this pic...my diary, bullet journal, #letsdothis2017 mini workbook and underneath, my 2017 #shiningplanner. . It was during a session like this a few weeks ago where I realised I had some unrealistic expectations about socials! If you want to read more, click through on the www.organisingqueen.com blog and check it out. . #bulletjournal #bujo #bulletjournalcommunity #planners #planningcommunity #lists #diary #shiningyear
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Bought a house without selling the old one first! Um, I don't recommend it if you're the stressing over money type (I am!) but I still know this was the right thing to do.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do new year's resolutions, but I do make goals. I wrote on someone's instagram recently that I love goals because you can set them anytime, you can start them anytime (right now!) and even if you make 2% progress, it's progress! Have I convinced you yet?
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Probably here at home.
I feel like I want to have people over like we did two years ago but I'm going to play it by ear and see how I'm feeling.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
None and strangely, I don't feel bad about that at all.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A closer relationship with God and with D.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
13 March 2016 - the date I first saw and fell in love with my house
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying sane. Seriously. Trying to work full-time with demanding clients, pack up one house, move into another all with the admin and paperwork and phone calls of navigating those purchases and sales = super stressful.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not a failure as such, but I do think our house was marketed at the wrong price at first and that meant it took longer to sell, and really, we could have got more if correctly priced and marketed. Then again, no point in looking back. One has to rely on the "experts" and we are not real estate experts.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The numb toe
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The house. Okay, but besides that, my iphone 6 or how about my navy blue kitchen or Woolies beetroot crisps? :)
12. Where did most of your money go?
House, transfer and legal fees.............. and of course our biggest monthly expense is now the bond.
13. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Good good father - He is a really good Father!
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taken more walks. I have 6 left to reach my goal and I'm going to have to bribe the kids to come with me. The odd thing is we have such a great view and an interesting garden that I don't even feel like I need to venture outside to take a walk to see beauty. This is a great "problem" to have but does mean I'm not going to do this little project next year.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressed about the house sale
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
I don't watch TV...
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
See previous post :) or this one
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm really not one for new music - I like my tried and tested things. But I will say I got into Bethel Music a whole lot this year.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Did I even watch anything?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I had friends over for a delicious lunch and they spoiled me rotten :)
22. What kept you sane?
God, D and my Bible whatsapp group :)
23. Who did you miss?
I missed many friends who I've not seen as much this year.
24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016
That I can let go and I don't always have to initiate and drive friendship activities.
Who else is participating in this meme?
Let me know so I can come read your highlights.