I had this bright idea to invite D's mom for Good Friday lunch. Well, I said sometime over the weekend, and D said, "let's do it on Good Friday so it's over and done with". He is a keeper and comes up with the best ideas!
So that's what we did and our only people commitments were over and done with.
A few notable moments:
- church on Good Friday morning
- family lunch afterwards
- running around the garden with my camera after the rains - this is my best!
- reading, reading, reading my Jenny Colgan
- gym as usual on Saturday morning
- supreme chilling and pottering
- playing with my website for hours and hours and hours (some of this was pure torture but needs must... and the one thing is still not fixed - my picture was linking to an old domain I've let go and I can't find where to change that in the code)
- Remembering that Jesus rose from the dead!
- An Easter egg hunt - this is Connor's favourite thing of the whole year - he's been talking about it since January.... and they had such fun. We have a much bigger garden so they were occupied forever.
- more chilling
- a power outage, short walk and "the best supper ever" (French bread with cheese/ apple slices/ yoghurt and a mini doughnut in case you want to replicate :)) by candlelight
- the power came on after two hours so I RAN to the kettle to make tea and jumped into bed with my book
We're going to see a movie later - Boss Baby. I adore Alec Baldwin, especially his voice, so I can't wait.
But the best news for today is.....tomorrow Alec Baldwin's memoir releases. Of course I pre-ordered so I will get it at midnight!
How was your Easter weekend?
PS My children have just discovered Siri and it's the most fun ever!